Star Wars The Last Jedi Review

   Movie Introduction   


Well, I feel this movie doesn't need much of an introduction, but if you're out of the loop here you go.  Star Wars The Last Jedi or Episode VIII picks up where The Force Awakens left off.  This is the third film that has been made under the Disney umbrella.  Rogue One being the other which was a sort of prequel to A New Hope.  Also in case you are wondering there will be NO SPOILERS in this review.  I may update this review or put out an entire SPOILER review after I have seen it a second time.  These are just my initial thoughts after my first screening.



   MPAA Rating/Content   


The Last Jedi is rated PG-13 for sequences of sci-fi action and violence.  If you've seen a Star Wars movie which I'm assuming you have then you know what to expect.  I would say that there is maybe even a little less strong violence in this than The Force Awakens.  This should be safe for most audiences.  

   My Rating: 8.5/10   


*What I Liked


Everything with Luke was both unexpected, yet very well done.  I don't think this is where any of us thought Luke would end up after the end of Return of the Jedi.  There are some twists and turns, some questions answered, and some more created.  The performances by Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher are by far the standouts.  There is a certain line uttered to Leia about "people never truly being gone".  I just felt this had so much more meaning to it now that she has passed.  Visually it has stepped it up another notch.  There is an epic space battle right out of the get go which is something we didn't get in Force Awakens.  I also very much enjoyed the complexity added to Kylo Ren's character.  


*What I didn't Like

I can't say too much here, but I really was disappointed with some things with Supreme Leader Snoke.  That's all I'm going to say so once you get a chance to see it let me know in the comments how you felt about it.  There is also a decent sized chunk of the movie where there is something they are trying to achieve, but it ultimately goes nowhere.  I'm not sure what the point of all of it was if they weren't going to get something out of it.  Benecio Del Toro's character also had this random stutter that would come into play which just seemed odd and unnecessary. 



   Where to Follow   

Like our page on Facebook: Bravo Cinema Reviews!


-Chase Waldapfel
Reviewer 
@ChaseWaldapfel


Comments

  1. I did not like his stutter either. It made it very hard to understand him.



    SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!











    I loved how Kylo Ren outsmarted Snoke, but I did not like how easy it was to kill him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!