Best F(r)iends Volume 1 Review

   Movie Summary  

Best F(r)iends is the reunion film of the creators of the infamous movie The Room.  Made more popular most recently by The Disaster Artist starring James and Dave Franco.  This film sees our two leads entering into a risky business practice, and will see their friendship face difficulties over the money they earn.


MPAA Rating/Content   

This movie does not have an official rating by the MPAA since it is a lower budget film.  If I were to give it a rating myself I would lean towards the R rating for language, and some disturbing elements.


 My Rating: ?   

I feel like I can't rate this one like I would a regular theatrical release.  If you know anything about The Room then you know it is considered the best worst movie ever made.  This I would say is an improvement in production quality by a long shot.  It actually had some cool settings and shots that I was impressed with.  It doesn't have nearly as many funny moments as The Room does, but there are still a few laughs to have in this.  It is a more serious approach than their first film together.  

I did find the sound editing and mixing choices a little odd at times.  The music would often overpower dialogue and was rather annoying.  Also don't expect great acting in this.  It is B-level acting at best.  If you have seen the trailer for this most of it is not in the movie.  There are alternate scenes that basically deliver the same message though.

Stay all the way to the end of the credits because there is some behind the scenes stuff along with a random music video featuring Tommy Wiseau.


\Have you seen it?  What did you think?  Be sure to let me know in the comments and share this review with your friends.  Also if you live in the Magic Valley be sure to see it at Magic Valley Cinema 13!


 Recommended Review 

The Disaster Artist





   Where to Follow   

Like our Facebook Page: Bravo Cinema Reviews!




-Chase Waldapfel
Reviewer 
@ChaseWaldapfel


Comments