Thor Ragnarok Review

   Movie Introduction   

Thor Ragnarok is the 3rd installment in the Thor series that is part of the greater connectivity of the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe).  Newcomer director to the MCU; Taika Waititi takes the helm on this next chapter.  This also serves as a partial Incredible Hulk film as Disney does not have the distribution rights to make a solo Hulk film.

   MPAA Rating/Content   

Thor Ragnarok is rated PG-13 like every other MCU film for intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and brief suggestive material.  I'm a little surprised that language is not included in their rating because it sure seemed like much more language was said by Thor and Loki than I remember in previous films.  No F-bomb in this movie, however.  This is essentially a mashup of the worlds created in previous Thor films, and also a bit of flavor from what Guardians of the Galaxy has given us.  



   My Rating: 7.5/10   


*What I Liked

One thing that stands out in this and if you've seen the trailers is the use of color.  I would say that this is the most vibrant and colorful MCU film to date.  It's very visually appealing, and different.  Not since School of Rock have a seen Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin used so perfectly.  It fits so well in with the Norse mythology that I'm surprised it hadn't been used already.  As a possible conclusion to the Thor series this does have a decent trilogy closer while still leaving things open for future films.  



*What I didn't Like

At times I felt that they overdid it a bit with the humor.  There was practically a joke every 5 minutes.  While I do appreciate and enjoy the comedy in these Marvel films I also want a fair amount of seriousness when it comes to these characters.  It was often hard to take the movie seriously because everything was just one big joke.  I'm a little tired of the Loki is bad, we can trust him now, oh wait he betrayed us again storylines.  I feel like they did this in both the first Avengers movie and Thor The Dark World.  It happens yet again in this, and I sure hope it is the last time.  


   Where to Follow   

Like our page on Facebook: Bravo Cinema Reviews!


-Chase Waldapfel
Reviewer 
@ChaseWaldapfel



Comments