Murder on the Orient Express Review

   Movie Introduction   

Based on the popular book by Agatha Christie comes the second feature film adaptation of Murder on the Orient Express.  I had neither read the book nor seen the original film prior to watching this version so I went in planning on trying to figure out the twist for the first time.


   MPAA Rating/Content   

Murder on the Orient Express is rated PG-13 for violence and thematic elements.  Thematic elements is always pretty vague in these ratings, but by the title alone I think you have a pretty good idea what the theme of this film is.  There is no sexual content to worry about or foul language. 



   My Rating: 8/10   


*What I Liked

The main thing I liked is that I wasn't able to figure out who committed the crime.  Going in blind is probably the best way to enjoy this movie.  If you already know what the twist is from either the book or previous film then I don't think you'll have the same enjoyment from this as someone who hasn't.  

And the Academy Award for greatest mustache in film goes to Kenneth Branagh!  Kenneth Branagh is definitely the stand out in this, and a good thing too since he is the primary focus.  I didn't realize that he also directed the film so that is quite the achievement given the fact he is the main actor as well.  This movie is much more than a murder mystery.  It has a deeper meaning that is revealed at the end.

*What I didn't Like

If you've seen the trailers then you know that this film has a great ensemble cast.  However, some of the characters you don't get to really spend that much time with.  There also isn't much interaction between the characters in question with each other.  You really only get the one on one between the detective and the person he is questioning at various times.  Given that the actors in this didn't seem to in a sense "work together" to flesh out the movie they still individually gave great performances.  


   Where to Follow   

Like our page on Facebook: Bravo Cinema Reviews!

Thank you guys sincerely for reading this review.  If you wouldn't mind giving this a like, a share, or even a comment I would appreciate it.  Also if you have a second please click on an ad within the blog.  You don't have to do anything after that it just helps me to keep these going.


-Chase Waldapfel
Reviewer 
@ChaseWaldapfel


Comments