Justice League Review

   Movie Introduction   

Warner Bros. brings us their latest film in the DCEU (DC Extended Universe) with the culmination of the Justice League.  This marks the 5th entry in their universe, and is pretty much a direct sequel to Batman V. Superman which was very divisive among fans.


   MPAA Rating/Content   

Justice League is rated PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi action and violence.  Besides that there is a single sexual reference made that I can recall, but I don't believe younger viewers will even catch it.  The most comparable film to this as far as content goes would be it's predecessor Batman V. Superman.  There are also 2 post credit scenes to be aware of.




   My Rating: 8/10   


*What I Liked

Honestly this is what I've been waiting for in the DCEU.  I was hoping that BvS was going to be the movie that did it, but I was very disappointed in that film.  DC is now 3/5 in my book with now two wins in a row including Wonder Woman.  I was a little concerned about the first images and footage I saw of Cyborg and Flash, but their characters really surprised me.  There wasn't really a weak link as far as the team goes.  There's just some that have more screen time than others.  Being a big fan of the Flash TV series (the first 2 seasons at least) I wasn't really ready to have a new actor playing the Flash since this one is so relevant now.  There are some redundancies with the TV show, but there's enough different to make it interesting.  It's very much a Batman and Wonder Woman film for the first while, and that's in no way a bad thing.  


*What I didn't Like

There were some quips made here and there that I felt were unnecessary, and kind of lessened the stakes in some action scenes.  I believe this was their attempt to make the film a little more lighthearted like Marvel is.  It definitely is not as dark as BvS.  I just thought they went a little far with the quips than they needed to.

A family that is in peril and trapped in basically a war zone is featured around 3-4 times in this.  They don't really have much to do, and I found it odd that we kept jumping back to them.  I feel like that could have been done differently or taken out entirely.  There is another scene as well that shows the team stuck in a situation, and then the movie just jumps ahead without showing how they got out.  It was just a little jarring to me.


   Where to Follow   

Like our page on Facebook: Bravo Cinema Reviews!


-Chase Waldapfel
Reviewer 
@ChaseWaldapfel


Comments