Daddy's Home 2 Review

   Movie Introduction   

After the surprise success of the first Daddy's Home a sequel was quickly green lit.  Coming out less than 2 years from the original we now have the next installment just in time for the holidays.

   MPAA Rating/Content   

Daddy's Home 2 is rated PG-13 for suggestive material and some language.  As far as a film to take your family to this holiday season this isn't too bad for the whole family.  If you have younger children you may want to show some caution as there is some language, and adult themes throughout.  There is some underage drinking, and foul language from kids that may not be the best example to your child.



   My Rating: 5/10   


*What I Liked


First and foremost I thought that the casting for Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg's dads was on point.  They both compliment those characters and make it believable that they came from them.  There were some moments that reminded me of another Will Ferrell Christmas movie Elf as well as Christmas Vacation.  It was nice to see the influence of those films in this.  There is also a fake movie they go to see in this that may have been my favorite part.  



*What I didn't Like


Like a lot of comedy sequels do this one relied on a lot of humor from the first one.  There were at least 3-4 times that a joke from the first one was used just with a slight adjustment.  I would have liked some more originality because I really enjoyed the first film.  I also believe if you didn't see the first one that this one may not click with you at all.  The lady who played Mark Wahlberg's wife was pretty much given nothing to do in this.  I can see why because when she did have a line you could tell acting was not her strong suit.  She was just sort of thrown in at certain points, and she didn't really do anything for the film.  I also noticed a few jump cuts that really felt jarring to me.



   Where to Follow   

Like our page on Facebook: Bravo Cinema Reviews!


-Chase Waldapfel
Reviewer 
@ChaseWaldapfel


Comments