Kingsman: The Golden Circle Review

Movie Introduction

Kingsman: The Golden Circle is the second film in most likely a trilogy of Kingsman films.  The first film caught a lot of people by surprise and did very well at the box office.  I was one of those that thoroughly enjoyed the first one.  Director Matthew Vaughn returns to carry on this James Bond Esq. satire sequel.

MPAA Rating/Content

The Golden Circle is rated R for sequences of strong violence, drug content, language throughout and some sexual material.  If you saw the first film then expect some more of the same.  I believe this film may have taken things a bit farther in terms of it's content.  There is quite a bit of violence, but it takes more of the comedic route, and isn't what I would call gory or gruesome.  As far as the sexual material goes there is a sequence where Eggsy has to input a tracker in a female target.  I'll let you guess on how they go about doing that.  I don't feel that was entirely necessary and could have gone a much different way, and it wouldn't have affected the story.


My Rating: 7/10

There were definitely some fun moments in this.  I just didn't find myself feeling the same way as I did watching the first one.  It almost felt like it was part of a completely different universe at times.  I also found myself a bit confused at the beginning, and it took me a while to remember some of the things that happened in The Secret Service.  So if you are someone who is planning on going into this without seeing the original you will be a little lost as I don't think it does a great job of giving a backstory to previous events.  Like the first one the way the action and fighting shots are filmed it is unlike any other film I've seen.  There isn't any sequences that live up to the infamous church scene, but I did have fun with some of them especially towards the end.

Where to Follow

Be sure to like our page on Facebook at Bravo Cinema Reviews for the quickest notification on when we post new reviews!  Thank you all for reading.

-Chase Waldapfel
Reviewer




Comments