Wonder Woman Review

Movie Introduction

The 4th installment in DC's superhero universe has arrived.  According to many sources this film is the most anticipated of the summer based on audience votes.  This was definitely in my top 5 of movies I wanted to see this year let alone just the summer.  Does it live up to those expectations? Yes.  With DC needing a win in their new franchise this movie couldn't have come sooner.  With the divisive films of Batman V Superman and Suicide Squad it made this movie extremely critical for their continued success.

MPAA Rating/Content

Wonder Woman is rated PG-13 for sequences of violence and some suggestive content.  That description is pretty spot on.  I think this is safe for kids 10 and up as their is not much inappropriate content.  There are a few vague sexual references, but I think they will fly over kids heads for the most part and they aren't very explicit if you are concerned about taking a child to this film.  It is mostly just the sequences of violence that drive the PG-13 rating, but it is not realistic violence so there is no blood and gore.  


My Rating: 9/10

This movie was fantastic.  It is such a breath of fresh air when it comes to superhero films.  It is not only the best female led superhero film it is up there with some of the great comic book films of all time.  The action is well shot and the director Patty Jenkins does an excellent job of driving the story and building suspense.  Every time Wonder Woman goes into battle you are on the edge of your seat just anticipating what's going to happen.  

I enjoyed the DCEU's first entry with Man of Steel, but was very disappointed with BvS and Suicide Squad.  This film has sparked my interest yet again and I hope Justice League can continue the momentum.  

Where to Follow

Be sure to like our page on Facebook at Bravo Cinema Reviews and follow me the author @Chase Waldapfel on Twitter.  You can also subscribe to this blog for notifications on when reviews are posted.  Thank you all for reading and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.





Comments