King Arthur: Legend of the Sword Review

Movie Introduction


We have yet another attempt at the King Arthur storyline in theaters this weekend.  There have been countless iterations over the years with some hits and some misses.  This take comes from Guy Ritchie who is known more recently for his Sherlock Holmes films and The Man From U.N.C.L.E. 



MPAA Rating/Content

This film is rated PG-13 and that is really just for the action and violence.  There was not a lot of foul language, although it does use it's one F-bomb allowed in a PG-13 rating.  As far as sexual content concerns there is next to none since there is not even a romantic storyline in this film.  There are mentions of brothels a few times, but nothing graphic is shown or mentioned.  Overall I think this is safe for most children above 10 accompanied by an adult.  There are dark themes and scary images to some viewers so use caution when bringing someone who may be sensitive to that.  

My Rating: 7/10

I was actually pretty surprised with how much I enjoyed this movie.  The trailers weren't anything special to me, and the fact that this property has been done so many times I wasn't that interested.  This was a new and unique take on this story and there weren't many dull moments.  I really enjoyed the music in this film and it's in that usual vein of Guy Ritchie's other films.  Several moments reminded me of sequences in Sherlock Holmes.  The action is done well and there wasn't any cheesy dialogue.  It immerses you in this world and does a great job of keeping you there.  All in all this may have been the best medieval fantasy film I've seen done since the Lord of the Rings.  Correct me if I'm forgetting something more recent.   

Conclusion


Thank you all again for checking out my reviews!  My first review of Guardians got almost 100 reads in the first week!  Please be sure to like our page on Facebook under Bravo Cinema Reviews for up to date information.  You can follow me on Twitter @Chase Waldapfel as well.  Also comment below on this post and let me know more films you'd like reviewed down the road.








Comments