Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre Review

                                                MovieSummary  

    Guy Ritchie is back directing Jason Statham for the fifth time!  Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre (Ruse of War) is an action thriller that features many of the typical things you can expect in a movie with these 2 at the helm.  Adding in the comedic talents of Cary Elwes and Aubrey Plaza you are in for a good mix of action and comedy elements.



MPA Rating/Content   

    Operation Fortune is rated R for language and violence.  Most of the foul language happens at the beginning of the film and I can't say I noticed it much after that.  No real gory violence in this either to be concerned about if that sort of thing makes you uneasy.





 My Rating: 6/10   

    Fans of Guy Ritchie films should have some fun with this film, but I think it lacks the appeal for  a wider audience.  This film does action and comedy well and neither seemed out of place or forced.  My main issue with this film that is preventing me from giving it a higher rating is pacing.  The movie moves very fast and doesn't really stop to tell you what is going on.  For a good portion of the film I felt like I was missing key plot points and didn't really know what was happening.  Until about halfway through the movie you don't know what it is they are trying to stop, and they don't either.  It was an odd choice.  It has a lot of neat and creative camera work that is typical to this director's style.

    I believe the stand out of this movie was Hugh Grant.  I've never really cared for him as an actor mainly because he is typically just a love interest in Rom-Coms, but wow he really delivered on his character in this.  I would almost rather see a sequel or pre-quel with his character alone than revisit the other characters in this film.  Aubrey Plaza also does a good job, and brings most of the laughs of the film.  Jason Statham is pretty much Jason Statham.

Have you seen it?  Do you plan to see it?  What are your thoughts?

   Where to Follow   


Like our Facebook Page: Bravo Cinema Reviews!






-Chase Waldapfel
Reviewer 
@ChaseWaldapfel


Comments