Movie Pass: What You Need to Know

This is a little bit different sort of post for me, but I feel like it is relevant to movie goers out there right now.  I wanted to give my personal experiences of using Movie Pass, and provide information for those still unsure of how it works.

   The Basics  

  • Movie theater subscription service for $9.95/month 
  • $7.95/month for new users when paid annually
  • Applies only to 2D films
  • Unlimited movies a month with a limit of 1 per day
  • Must be within 100 yards of the theater to check in on your phone or tablet

   What You May Not Know 


  • Movie theaters are NOT directly affiliated with Movie Pass; it is merely a form of payment just like a debit card
  • You can't pay the difference and upgrade to a higher ticket price ex. (3D, IMAX, DBOX, ATMOS, etc. )  This is a breach of Movie Pass' terms of service and can result in the termination of your subscription
  • Tickets must be purchased for same day showings; no advance ticket purchases
  • You only have 30 minutes to purchase your ticket after checking in
  • Movie Pass tickets have no cash value
  • If you cancel your service you can't sign up again for at least 9 months
  • Some theaters are pushing back against this service so make sure your local theater supports it

   Customer Service  

As expected Movie Pass saw a massive increase in subscribers after this $9.95/month deal.  Due to this they are not equipped to handle their current customer base.  The most effective way I have found to contact them with issues is through their phone number: 1-855-336-3632.  

For about a week and a half I was locked out of my app, and attempted to contact them through their online email, Facebook, and Twitter but did not get any response.  With the phone number I was not able to get a representative right away, but they have a call back option and each time I've called they called me back within 15 minutes.

   My Personal Opinion  

I was very skeptical when I first heard about this.  However, I have had mostly great success with this service besides my minor hiccup with the app.  I have more than made my money for the amount of movies I typically go to.  If you haven't already taken advantage of this I would recommend doing so while you still can.  There is no way this can last forever, and I am honestly surprised it's made it this long.  Also constantly check your bank account to make sure they have not increased your monthly payment.  If you have any further questions about my experiences above please feel free to leave a comment below!



   Where to Follow   

Like our Facebook Page: Bravo Cinema Reviews!



-Chase Waldapfel
Reviewer 
@ChaseWaldapfel


Comments

  1. use it while you can, for this dream will not last forever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!