The Post Review

Best Picture Nominee









   Movie Summary  


Based on the Washington Post receiving classified documents on the Vietnam war in 1971; The Post tells the story of the morality and legality of publishing such documents.  This is heavily focused on freedom of the press issues, and also has some pokes at our current presidency in it that aren't so subtle.  So whether you are for or against our current battles with the government and media just be aware going in that there are hints at it.


MPAA Rating/Content   

The Post is rated PG-13 for language and brief war violence.  I'm surprised they even mentioned the war violence in this since it is literally only the first 5 minutes of the movie, and I don't recall it being graphic at all.  There is some minor language throughout, but nothing excessive.


   My Rating: 6.5/10   


*What I Liked


I will give this movie some credit for explaining better what led to the Watergate Scandal.  It was always a topic in history class, but I never fully understood it.  Those who were alive and aware during this era I feel will appreciate this film more than I can.  The performances as expected are good, and it's not a bad movie.




*What I didn't Like

The Post on paper (no pun intended) looks pretty good when you hear that you have a film directed by Steven Spielberg starring Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep.  Besides the performances in it I felt it lacked suspense, and dragged along at parts.  Outside of a few moments I felt rather bored throughout it.



   Other Review Recommendations   

Shape of Water


Disaster Artist




   Where to Follow   

Like our page on Facebook: Bravo Cinema Reviews!


-Chase Waldapfel
Reviewer 
@ChaseWaldapfel


Comments