Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle Review

   Movie Introduction   

In the age of sequels that come 20 years later we have yet another one based on the popular 90's film Jumanji.  This doesn't include any of the original cast, but it is considered a sequel and has some tie ins to the original.


   MPAA Rating/Content   

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle is rated PG-13 for adventure action, suggestive content and some language.  Suggestive content can mean a lot in these ratings.  In this case I believe it refers to a couple sexual references.  If you've seen the trailers then you know Jack Black's character is actually a female teenager.  There are some references once she realizes she has some different "parts".  


   My Rating: 7/10   


*What I Liked

There were at least 3 parts in this that were hysterical.  It serves the action comedy genre well as it balances both and doesn't overdue it.  The in-game cast in this did a great job to make you believe that they were really these stereotypical teenagers at heart.  This could have come across in a very silly way, but it actually worked out in a meaningful way.  I also wasn't sure about a Jonas Brother being in this, but his character actually fit well into the story and added an interesting subplot.  Jack Black and Karen Gillan were by far my favorite characters.  There is a particular scene with them that is so good.



*What I didn't Like

I wish I hadn't seen as many trailers for this as I did.  There were certain beats in the movie that I just knew where coming, and practically knew the dialogue before they said it.  Just about every gag in the trailer goes the same way in the film so it loses some of it's surprise element.



   Where to Follow   

Like our page on Facebook: Bravo Cinema Reviews!


-Chase Waldapfel
Reviewer 
@ChaseWaldapfel


Comments