Hitman's Bodyguard Review

Movie Introduction

Since The Hitman's Bodyguard seems to be the only movie doing much business right now I figured I might as well get a review out for those curious about it.  It wasn't one I was dying to see by any means, but when I heard good things I decided to give it a shot so here is my take.


Content/MPAA Rating

This film is rated R for strong violence and language throughout.  That is pretty dead on.  There is a heavy amount of language in this movie, but it isn't quite as bad as some R rated ones that go way over the top for no reason.  This actually pokes fun at the amount of language especially coming from Samuel L. Jackson's character who basically has a copyright on the MF-word.  No real sexual content here just some sexual references in the language they use.  With the amount of violence and language though it isn't something for younger audiences for sure.  



My Rating: 6.5/10

It wasn't bad.  Out of the weekend it came out I definitely preferred Logan Lucky, which was much funnier, but this still had some good laughs.  The chemistry between Ryan Reynolds and Sam Jackson was definitely on point, and the other characters they interact with are as well.  Was surprised to see the actress who plays Elektra on Netflix in this.  She did a great job and I'm sure this will open more opportunities for her.  I also did not realize that Gary Oldman was the villain in this.  You can always count on him for his acting ability.  I just wish he had been in a more upfront role rather than how it is, but it makes sense for the story.  Overall it was an interesting premise, and was something a little different than I've seen before in similar movies.

Where to Follow

Like us on Facebook at Bravo Cinema Reviews or follow on Twitter @ChaseWaldapfel. You can also subscribe to this blog on the home page.


Comments