It Movie Review

Movie Introduction

"It" is a remake of the 1990's television minseries of the same name which is based on the Stephen King novel.  This review is a bit late, but I finally worked up the courage to go see it since I am by no means a horror fan.  It has gone on to become the highest grossing horror movie and it's only been in theaters a month.



MPAA Rating/Content

This film is rated R for violence/horror, bloody images, and for language. There is definitely some gruesome things that happen in this, and if large amounts of blood bother you then I would not recommend it.  This movie centers around kids, however they are pretty vulgar throughout.  Some sexual themes are present as well.  The female lead is accused of sleeping with everyone in the school, and it is brought up multiple times.  There is also a hinted at sexually abusive relationship between a father and daughter.  Nothing graphic happens, but you get the impression that something in the past has.

My Rating: 8.5/10

If I was more of a horror fan I probably would have rated this higher, but it's just not a genre I find all that appealing.  This wasn't really all that scary overall since a good half of the film takes place in a normal sunny setting.  I originally didn't have plans to see this, but after all the hype I became more and more intrigued.  I'm very glad that I did because it is a very well put together film, and I am excited to see the sequel.  The sequel actually comes out on my birthday in 2019 and I will be 27... As many of you know that It appears every 27 years.  So I'm a tad concerned.

Where to Follow

Be sure to like our page on Facebook under Bravo Cinema Reviews for more movie reviews like this one.  Also share this with your friends!

Review by:
Chase Waldapfel


Comments